Morning and Evening Maui Views
Witnessing the pure magic of a sunset in Maui is why Hawaii has always been a world-renowned destination. Enjoy the contrast of the dark palm trees as they’re bathed in the soft golden hues and vibrant purples and pinks as the light dances off the water.
MAUI SUNRISE ACTIVITIES
The most popular way to experience a stunning sunrise on Maui is to see it from the top of Haleakala at about 10,000 ft. above sea level. Of course this does require an early start to the day as sunrise can be around 5:30 a.m. in the summer and is just over an hour and a half drive to the National Park from Lahaina.
There are many tour companies that arrange transportation to the park to watch the sunrise. Other companies include guided biking around the park after sunrise or self-guided biking adventures. Joining a tour or taking a scheduled shuttle can be an easy way to see Haleakala and ensure you’re there on time for the great event.
If driving to the park isn’t your preferred way to see the sunrise, we recommend taking the five-minute walk from Kahana Sunset to Oneloa Beach for top-notch sunrise viewing.
MAUI SUNSET ACTIVITIES
If you’re not up for the early morning wake-up call, save a visit to Haleakala for the evening and watch the sunset and stay for the stellar view of the stars.
Another option for enjoying the sunset takes you off the island on a sunset cruise featuring cocktails, dinner, and dancing!
- Pride of Maui offers a sunset cruise and whale watching trip complemented with an open bar, live music, and a freshly prepared dinner. Tickets start at $74.95 per adult. Save $10 by booking online!
- Trilogy Excursions offers a Kaanapali sunset sail on a catamaran. Enjoy appetizers, beverages, and whale watching opportunities during the season (December – April). This two-hour sail starts at $69 per adult.
- Quicksilver also offers a two-hour sunset and dinner cruise complete with cocktails, dinner, and live music. Online tickets start at $69.95 per adult.
- The Hawaii Ocean Project offers dinner and dancing on the Maui Princess with its Maui sunset dinner cruise. This two and a half hour journey lets you sit on the upper deck to see the views and catch the sunset and then dine on linen covered tables. Dinner includes a choice of an entrée, sides, and a desert as well as three alcoholic beverages or unlimited soda or juice. Online pricing is $80.95 per adult.
- Alii Nui Maui has a royal feast dinner sail with limited seating and an adults-only excursion. Enjoy the spacious accommodations and dine like royalty aboard this vessel. Tickets are $179 per adult.
- Tom Barefoot’s Tours arranges sunset sails and cruises depending on your budget and what kind of boat you prefer.
A different off-land sunset watching experience is taking the sunset odyssey helicopter tour with Maverick Tours. See the sunset like you’ve never seen it before as you soar over Maui and make your way to Molokai, Lanai, and Molokini before returning to Maui to catch the last light of the day.
This tour is about 40 minutes and departs from the Kahului Heliport for $299 per person. Air Maui offers a sunset dinner landing and helicopter tour as well.
Starting at $428 when booking online, this 90-minute tour covers West Maui and Molokai and ends with dinner service plus a beverage overlooking Lanai and Molokai across the Pailolo channel. If you prefer to stay on the island and watch the sunset, you may also want to attend a luau for a wonderful feast and dazzling view of the sinking sun.
Or, if you still want to be active into the evening, a sunset horseback ride with Lahaina Stables is a thrilling way to watch the sun go down.
If you’re up for a hike to catch the sunset, try the Lahaina Pali Trail for an incredible panoramic view.
Of course, one of the best places to catch a sunset on the island is just by visiting a beach and taking in the view. We recommend Kahekili Beach, which is one of the best spots to catch an impressive sunset.
No matter how you decide to experience the natural beauty of Maui, you’re guaranteed a once in a lifetime view. Book online today!